For more information about COVID-19
Our Stories

Our Stories

Genie

Genie

Genie’s journey at Clarke began when her family moved almost 8,000 miles—from the United Arab Emirates to the U.S.— to access Clarke’s Birth to Three and Preschool Programs in Florida. “We originally planned to travel to Florida for one month

Read More »

Nura

Nura came to Clarke as a three-year-old with no vocabulary, and by the time she was three-and-a-half, she was a completely different person, says her mom Ketty. She began speaking in full sentences, following instructions and interacting with her peer

Read More »

Janiyah

When Janiyah first started at Clarke, completing a sentence was difficult for her, remembers her mother, Shika. And soon she was a completely different child, says Shika. Janiyah moved on to a mainstream kindergarten classroom in the fall of 2018,

Read More »

Trysta

Trysta, born deaf, received cochlear implants soon after her first birthday. “My parents have taught me that the cochlear implants are just a part of who I am,” she says. “Similar to how people wear eye glasses to see, I

Read More »

Karsen

Karsen attended Clarke Jacksonville until Kindergarten when he graduated from Clarke’s Preschool / Early Childhood Program. Now he’s in his neighborhood mainstream school where he is an honor roll student. Karsen excels in math and civics, and even was invited

Read More »

Brigid

Meet Brigid, who attends Clarke Boston’s preschool program, is profoundly deaf and wears bilateral cochlear implants to help access sound. She is described by her teacher as a “fantastic reader and good friend!”

Read More »

Matthew

Matthew is five and a half years old and is profoundly deaf. He uses bilateral cochlear implants to access sound and started attending the Preschool Program at Clarke Boston at age three to learn to listen and talk. Clare Gill,

Read More »

Caleb

Caleb attended Clarke Philadelphia’s Birth to Age Three and Preschool Programs. Today, he plays competitive soccer and golf and excels academically. He took his SATs in the seventh grade, scoring in the 95th percentile for reading and writing. In addition

Read More »

Haley

Haley was three years old when she was diagnosed as hard of hearing. She received hearing aids in both ears and attended Clarke’s Preschool Program at Clarke Jacksonville, mainstreaming to a neighborhood school in kindergarten. Today, Haley explained, “I cannot

Read More »
Search
Generic filters
Filter by Locations
Boston
Florida
New York
Northampton
Philadelphia
Filter by Programs
Featuring

Our professionals are here to help.

Please contact any of our locations to learn more about Clarke’s broad array of programs and services.