February 25 is International Cochlear Implant Day, an opportunity to think about and acknowledge hearing health throughout a life span. Roughly 2-3 of every 1,000 children in the United States are born with a detectable level of hearing loss in one or both ears.
To celebrate and raise awareness:
- Explore how to create a rich learning environment at home for children at all stages of development
- Tune in to EmpowEAR Today to learn more about clinical and educational audiology from Ashley Dainton, audiologist at the Clarke Hearing Center, and Rebecca Huzzy, educational audiologist at Clarke.
- Check out episode 2021-9 of the Hearing Journal Podcast with Rebecca Huzzy, educational audiologist at Clarke Philadelphia. Rebecca shares the story of her professional life and the evolution of what is means to provide educational services to children with hearing loss in today’s world.
- Read how Clarke’s expert educational audiologists support students who are deaf or hard of hearing and foster self-advocacy for long-term success
- Hear Christine Kelley, audiologist at the Clarke Hearing Center, explain why hearing health matters