Clarke provides deaf and hard of hearing children with the listening, learning and spoken language skills they need to succeed. Annually, more than 800 children and their families benefit from programs and services at our five locations: Boston, Jacksonville, New York City, Northampton and Philadelphia.
Clarke impacts the lives of children and adults through educational and early childhood programs, hearing services, mainstream services, research, curriculum development and the teachers and professionals trained by Clarke who take their special skills to all parts of the world.
Today, the possibilities for children who are deaf and hard of hearing are greater than ever before. We work with families and professionals to ensure that every child has the chance to reach their full potential.
About Our Northampton Location
Clarke’s Northampton campus serves children from birth to age 15 through our early intervention programs, preschool classes, elementary and middle school classes, and mainstreaming and speech and language services. We offer a unique learning environment designed to maximize each child’s development, while building their self-confidence and preparing them for success beyond Clarke. We partner with parents to provide the skills, knowledge and support they need to help their children reach their full potential. Children and families come to our campus from throughout the United States.
Clarke School students study the same subject as children in public schools and our curriculum is aligned with Massachusetts standards.
- Children can enroll in Clarke School at any level.
- Our Mainstream program will help your child prepare for a mainstream placement when the time is right.
- Our goal is to provide every child with a learning experience that nurtures self-esteem, independence, creativity and problem-solving skills.
- The student to teacher ratio averages four to five students to one teacher. There are no more than eight students in a class.
- Our teachers are among the most experienced in the field.
- School audiologists use state-of-the art equipment to assist children with their personal hearing aids, FM systems, and cochlear implants.
- Clarke School is a close-knit community where students and teachers know each other well.
- The Northampton campus is in compliance with state regulations regarding Anti-Bullying policies.
The Northampton Campus Preschool is led by Marian Hartblay, M.A.T., M.E.D., LSLS Cert. AVEd. Our K-8 Program is led by Lead Teacher Kathi Shea, M.E.D. Additional staff includes professional teachers of the deaf and speech-language pathologists, all of whom have Masters Degrees in their related field.