Clarke PA Listening Walk
Sunday, May 21, 2017 at the Philadelphia Zoo A full-day event
Clarke’s Listening Walk at the Zoo is presented by Clarke Schools for Hearing and Speech—where children who are deaf or hard of hearing learn to listen and talk. The event, on Sunday, May 21, 2017, will raise awareness and support for Clarke and help ensure that more children and families than ever before, have access to our exceptional services and programs.
Clarke’s first-ever Listening Walk event in Philadelphia in 2016 was attended by over 900 people and and raised over $100,000.
Children who are deaf or hard of hearing will use their listening skills to discover new sounds throughout the Zoo, like the honk of a flamingo or the squeak of a bat. Each child will have a Listening Walk Passport to keep track of the Listening Walk Stops s/he has visited. Families and community groups will form teams and compete to raise funds for Clarke.
The event will include:
- A 5K Run to start the day
- A scavenger hunt through the Zoo during which children will seek and listen for animal and ambient sounds
- Lunch and an awards program
- Resource tables and games
- Full-day access to the Zoo for all participants
Registration available in January 2017
Clarke's Listening Walk at the Zoo is an opportunity for businesses and organizations to support an event and an organization that provides high-quality education for children and is focused on giving them the tools they need for lifelong success. Clarke is pleased to offer a wide array of sponsorship opportunities, each providing high visibility and the potential to reach an audience of approximately 1,000 individual event guests and more than 3,000 regular zoo patrons.
Some exciting options for sponsorship include:
- Parking Sponsor... will enable families to attend the Listening Walk without the expense of parking
- Lunch Sponsor... will provide a boxed lunch for all Listening Walk participants
- Backpack Sponsor... will provide an event-specific backpack to all Listening walk participants
- Public Awareness Sponsor... will enable Clarke to promote the Listening Walk and the benefits of Listening and Spoken Language education