Overview of Services
The Hearing Center provides the following hearing health services for infants through adults:
Individualized assessment for patients of all ages includes:
- Assessing the type and degree of hearing loss
- Working with the patient and their family to create a detailed picture of how hearing loss is impacting the patient’s communication
- Determining how hearing loss may be affecting client’s education, occupational performance, or social interactions.
Individualized rehabilitation for each patient includes:
- Ensuring the patient understands his/her hearing loss and how it impacts the listener
- Involving and educating the client’s family members and significant others to help them understand how the client’s hearing loss impacts listening and communication and what they can do to help.
- Hearing aids recommendations when appropriate
- Individualized prescriptions for amplification, based on a detailed history, test results, and conversations with the patient and family
- Verification of the fitting, utilizing state of the art technology
- Annual care and support for the use of the amplification throughout its lifetime
We offer a wide selection of custom earmolds for use with:
- Personal hearing aids
- Cell phones
- Office telephones
- MP3 players
- Swim plugs
- Plugs for blocking out noise during sleep
We support local industry in maintaining a safe environment for their workers by:
- Providing sound level measurements to assure noise exposure is below the allowable levels
- Recommending appropriate environmental changes and/or personal hearing protection
- We offer a wide range of ear plugs with various filtering characteristics to help reduce unwanted noise exposure while maintaining the information necessary for communication or musical enjoyment.
- A full line of active and passive hearing protection is available for hunters, musicians, and the hobbyist.